We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fred's Records

Michigan
Level Contributor
51 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Fred's Records

I want to put in a plug for this place. It was so refreshing to see a small. locally owned record store! Not only that, but the people inside are really helpful and know the local music scene. I bought two CDs by The Fables while there. 198 Duckworth, and if they haven't painted it differently, it's really purple!

Signal Hill
Historic Sites, Historic Walking Areas, Military Bases & Facilities, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fred's Records

Yes, it is still there and still very purple :)

…500px.net/4332777/…3.jpg

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,866 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fred's Records

Fred's is a legend around here!!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fred's Records

I heard Stuart McLean talk about Fred's on his weekly CBC radio program called The Vinyl Cafe.

Here is a list of his favourite record stores across Canada. If you liked Fred's you will probably like these as well so if you ever find yourself in any of these places you might pop in.

PS - I've seen Stuart McLean do his radio program twice in person and it's highly recommended entertainment. If he comes to a town near you please go check him out.

Fred's in St. John's, NFLD

Back Alley Music in Charlottetown, PEI

Backstreet Records in Saint John, NB

Criminal Records in Toronto, ON

Soundscapes in Toronto, ON

Dr. Disc in Hamilton, ON

Fascinating Rhythm in Nanaimo, BC

Blackbyrd Myoozik in Edmonton, AB

Megatunes in Calgary, AB

Zulu Records in Vancouver, BC

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fred's Records

Been shopping at Fred's for over 20yrs. Love it.

5. Re: Fred's Records

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 06:18