We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in St John's Newfoundland

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in St John's Newfoundland

I am planning to vist St John's Newfoundland from Oct 9th to Oct 11th - I am a single 56 year old women and would be travelling alone. I would like physical activity during the day with a group and enjoy George Street entertainment at night. Would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Many Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in St John's Newfoundland

Three years ago, I had an excellent Thanksgiving meal Ches's....

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in St John's Newfoundland

Have you checked out the "Trip Reports from other members" linked on the right of your screen. There is a lot of good trip planning information there.

Gander NL
Level Contributor
982 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving in St John's Newfoundland

I would recommend a downtown hotel for an easy stroll to George Street but also recommend Shamrock City and Erin's pub on Water street for live entertainment without having to wait all night. Erin's has traditional music sessions but I can never get a time from them when I ask. I'm thinking around 7 on a Fri or Sat? They have a fb page you could check.

If there isn't a group to join, cab it to the Rooms or Signal Hill and spend the day wandering from there to downtown. Quidi vidi is lovely to wander about and there are some great little studios there.

4. Re: Thanksgiving in St John's Newfoundland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 06:19