We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see's in Yellowknife with Car?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Must see's in Yellowknife with Car?

Okay, so some people say you don't need to rent a car, while others say you should. If we rent a car, what are some places we should definately drive to? How far is the drive to most things that are out of town. I will have a 12 year old with me, so would love him to see some scenery and nature that cannot be found elsewhere.

Thank you

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must see's in Yellowknife with Car?

I remember answering some of your posts, but cannot remember when you are going again?

If you are staying downtown, no need to rent a car. If you are staying in Old Town, it's possible that you can rely on public transportation.

you could perhaps do with a 2 day rental and take a spin out on the iceroad.

2. Re: Must see's in Yellowknife with Car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 06:17