We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation on accommodation in YK in early of March

Hong Kong, China
11 posts
Save Topic
Recommendation on accommodation in YK in early of March

We are going to YK early of March 2014, we want to book Yellowknife Inn but no twin room is available during our stay, we shortlisted the following inn and b&b.

What's the comments among the following b&b?

1. Yellowknife Polar Suite

2. For the birds bed & breakfast

3. Discovery Inn

4. Days Inn

Which one is better? Or, any other recommendations ?

Thank you so much!

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation on accommodation in YK in early of March

I've stayed at Day's Inn before and liked it. Nothing unique, but location was good. The other's I cannot really comment but I did google For the bird's bed & breakfast, and I lived 2 doors down (on 18 Gitzel). I cannot believe that the same family still lives there!!

In any case, i can tell you it's in a great location. The backyard is all rock and bush, and across the street is Frame Lake, which offers terrific views. There is a walking trail around the lake, where you can also see the lights.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation on accommodation in YK in early of March

Have you looked at TA reviews?? What are price ranges like??

Hong Kong, China
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation on accommodation in YK in early of March

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your information! I have searched in Google map and it takes around 15 mins to yellowknife inn (I suppose there is the center of town)from For the birds b&b. And, there is not much information about this b&b, would you tell me more about the location and the quality of this b&b? Is free wifi inside the room and any winter clothing provided?

Thank you so much!

Edited: 27 October 2013, 06:14
4. Re: Recommendation on accommodation in YK in early of March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:17