We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Aug a good time travel in Yellwknife

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Topic
Is Aug a good time travel in Yellwknife

I'm planning travel Yellowknife in next Aug. Is it a good time ? i know the day time around 20 hours and warm in Aug. I mainly travel there for see northern lights. or i have to change my plan travel there in next Sep?? Also, anywhere you can suggest me to go,do or eat in Yellowknife??

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Aug a good time travel in Yellwknife

Your question is broad.....without knowing your interets it is difficult to know what to suggest to you.....you may want to be more specific and narrow your query....

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Aug a good time travel in Yellwknife

The OP said they're travelling to see the Northern lights. Since you need dark to see the aurora, late August or September would be better to see the lights. You can get more information from this website: spectacularnwt.com/whattodo/aurora/tours

Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Aug a good time travel in Yellwknife

Yes it is. Come in the second half of August and you will witness the first round of the Aurora Borealis. It is still decently warm in Yellowknife and are there are many places to go, eat and see the lights.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Aug a good time travel in Yellwknife

thanks you guys reply me. i will discuss with my friend. if i have any question i will ask. thanks once again.

5. Re: Is Aug a good time travel in Yellwknife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 06:19