We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The most reasonable hotel in Yellowknife

Yellowknife
1 post
Save Topic
The most reasonable hotel in Yellowknife

This motel have a lot of convinience.Close to shopping,office,pubs and restaurant. They charged a reasonable price.Good suggestion for all your friends.

northernlitesmotel.tripod.com/homepage.htm

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: The most reasonable hotel in Yellowknife

A member of my staff just stayed at Captial suites. It is a coverted apt. block, but a decent stya. Very central (a coupl of blocks south of downtown. I have stayed ther myslef about a year ago. No complaints. Not as nice as Coast (Fraser Towers), but clean, well kept. Lots of space.

Boise, Idaho, U.S.A.
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: The most reasonable hotel in Yellowknife

Thanks, ChillyAlbertans. Although the review of Anonymous23 was discouraging, I think Capital Suites looks worth a try.

Thanks, Baffinboy. The Red Coach Inn does look like the best location for aurora watching. It looks convenient to Old Town, but less convenient to much of Yellowknife. Although tentatively not my first choice, it looks good as a backup choice.

Plans can be adjusted when I have my pac boots on the ground.

Yellowknife
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: The most reasonable hotel in Yellowknife

Glad I could help.

Just remember nothing is far in this town. You can walk to a lot of places but that all depends if you want to deal with the temperatures.

I haven't stayed in anything other than Fraser Towers and that was before I moved here a few years ago. I hope it works out for you.

Cheers

Boise, Idaho, U.S.A.
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: The most reasonable hotel in Yellowknife

It looks like prices are going up in 2008. That's in Canadian dollars, and of course the falling U.S. dollar magnifies the effect for me.

I have reserved by phone at Capital Suites.

Boise, Idaho, U.S.A.
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: The most reasonable hotel in Yellowknife

So far Capital Suites seems mostly okay. I have a studio for CAD115/night plus 5% tax. The room is clean. It's economyish but comfortable. The matress is firm but even, and it's pretty comfortable. There is a free airport shuttle. There is an indoor coin operated laundry. And there is the business center where I am using the computer.

Downsides? Well floors/ceilings are kind of thin, so upstairs neighbors can be very audible.

Yellowknife is having a warm spell, with temperatures above 0°F, but the sky is cloudy, so I don't know if I'll be able to see any aurora. If the sky would clear, my own explorations indicate that walking up Matonabee Street to get onto Frame Lake would probably provide an adequate observing site.

26. Re: The most reasonable hotel in Yellowknife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Yellowknife
Recent Conversations