We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halliburton in Haliax

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Halliburton in Haliax

Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm trying to find a nice place to stay without going over $175.00 cad. This place seems nice but is more $$$ then we want to pay. Any idea's? Is there a nice place to stay just outside of Halifax for less $$$ but not more then a 15-20 minute drive away?

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

GabbaGabba there are a lot of bedroom communities that are very close and within 15-20 minutes of downtown Halifax.

You could stay anywhere in Halifax, Bedford, Dartmouth, and easily stay within your driving range.

Do you want a hotel, or B&B?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

We prefer to stay in a small boutique style hotel or an Inn. We have bad knees and are in our mid 70's, so we are hoping that there are not too many stairs to climb......

Thanks for your help!!

Ottawa
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

Maybe consider Prince George Hotel, the Halliburton, or the Waverley Inn. Try calling each property and bargaining.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

Take a look at the following hotels....

Super 8 Hotel - Dartmouth (recently renovated)

Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview

Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax

Four Points by Sheraton Halifax

When I did a random search for a night in July, all 4 came up under $170.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

Looks like we have a winner.......... The Waverley Inn.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

opps! Meant to say the Halliburton Hotel.........

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

Yeah! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

There are a couple of REALLY excellent restaurants just up the street, and a wonderful pub around the corner.

Have a great trip!

Sydney
Level Contributor
881 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

GabbaGabba,

My wife and I stayed in the Haliburton last fall and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is actually 3 old homes that are side by side and operated as one property. we were on a ground floor room and only had a few stairs to go up. The restaurant in the Haliburton is also excellent.

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

We feel good about the decision to stay at the Halliburton.

pfound you mentioned their restaurant, what meal did you have there? Breakfast, lunch or dinner? We are looking for a couple of nice restaurants for dinner. Can anyone suggest any restaurants? We eat pretty much anything but since we're in Nova Scotia we would like to try something that the locals enjoy.....

Thanks again!

Sydney
Level Contributor
881 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Halliburton in Haliax

We actually had our evening meal there. It was excellent and the service was superb. There are many outstanding restaurants in Halifax so I'm sure you'll get lots of responses from those who live in the area. One of our favourites (we go there either for lunch or dinner every time we visit Halifax) is Epicurious (www.epicuriousmorsels.com). We have never been disappointed there.

Cheers