We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Come to Cape Breton!!!

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Come to Cape Breton!!!

Cape Breton just claimed the #3 spot for the best island by Travel and Leisure Magazine. You can read all about it in next months issue. Come and see what all the talk is about and see it for yourself. You will NOT be disappointed.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

Well, I'll be darned. Too bad it wasn't in an earlier issue. Is it possible to post whatever they announced some how ?

It's too bad that Facebook won't even rate Cape Breton as worthwhile geographic location.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

You acn go to www.travelandleisure.com Scroll to All of Worlds Best 2009, then click on Islands. It shows the score we and others have received. YAY Cape Breton.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

Now, if we could get the Department of Tourism to understand that we are a valued product and not just a pretty place.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,985 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

DH and I did a big eastern islands tour about 10 years ago to PEI, Cape Breton and Grand Manan. I LOVED Cape Breton and rave about it to anyone who will listen. Absolutely one of Canada's absolute gems!

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

Glad to hear that BUT dont you think it is time you come back. LOL. I find that everyone that comes to Nova Scotia...particularly Cape Breton, always makes their way back.

Alabama
Level Contributor
264 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

My husband & I are about to visit Cape Breton in a couple of weeks & it can't get here fast enough. We live in the south USA & try to go somewhere cooler in July or August so this will be our 2nd trip to Nove Scotia. We really enjoyed our first trip & wanted to do CBI then but just didn't have the time. This trip is totally dedicated to Cape Breton & Halifax. I'm going to get the Travel & Leisure Magazine as soon as it hits the stands to read prior to our trip so thanks proudcaper for the info.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

You are so welcome. Enjoy your vacation and take it all in.

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

Okay, proudcaper, I will come!!!!! This year is already planned - in less than 3 weeks headed to Alaska/Yukon/NW Territories. Next year need to take a breather (expense-wise) and stick around in my beloved Oregon, then in 2011 here I come to Nova Scotia/Cape Breton!! So, please keep it nice and clean and pristine for me, okay? Thank you! That's wonderful you have been recognized in a prestigious magazine-I'm sure you deserve it.

Cheers!

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

Enjoy your trip, I am sure it will be beautiful. See you in 2011 and be sure to come back on this great site for help with your planning.

10. Re: Come to Cape Breton!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2010, 05:17