We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

Hello,

My husband and I are leaving in 4 days for a visit to Nova Scotia and PEI. We are driving our personal vehicle so I checked the ferry pricing and want to be sure I have this correct: $42(CDN) per each adult and $82+$20(fuel surcharge) for a passenger car. Is that right?

Hardly seems worth it, so I believe we'll drive. Can anyone suggest why the ferry is a better deal than driving?

And while I'm here, should we expect crowds this week and next or is it early for peak season?

Thank you,

Louise

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

The ferry is a good deal depending on what part of the province you plan on visiting. If you are going to Cape Breton, and Halifax, and beyond, no, don't take the ferry. If you are planning on touring around Yarmouth, and the southwest portion of the province, and plan on leaving from the same area, it is a time saver back to New Brunswick. But, if you are in Halifax, or Amherst area, then driving is the way to go. Keep in mind the price of a tank of gas (gas is over $5.00 a gallon here) too.

Peak season has not yet hit, as the weather has been cool and rainy. Kids are still in school, so no crowds yet.

Digby, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

You can get a "Super-Saver" rate for the ferry, but you have to ask for it. The total for 2 adults and a car is $141.50 including taxes. There are fees for cancelling or changing your crossing time. If they do not offer you the discount rate over the phone, use their web site to book your crossing. I hope that you find this helpful.

moncton
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

hi got a short pickup truck 12 ft. plus travel trailer 18 ft and 2 passangers what is prise this week starting monday thanks Tom

moncton
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

Hi I am planning a trip starting monday to digby n.s.would like price inc. tax&fees have a short bed pickup 12 ft. plus travle trailer 18 ft. and 2 passangers thanks Tom

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

Here is the website for the ferry: www.nfl-bay.com/special-offers/…

Pembroke, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

We are planning to take the Digby Ferry to Saint John in early October and we have a small Westie who will be travelling with us. What do we do with the dog on board, take her with us?

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

You would be best to call them and ask.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

tammy....

Dogs are not permitted on the passenger decks of the ferry, unless it is a service dog.

You have two options....leave the dog in your vehicle for the trip or they have kennels/cages on the car deck that you can use. There are always crew members on the car level.

I usually see people leaving their dog in the car, with the windows cracked for air. At the terminals, there is limited green space for walking and 'bathroom' duties before boarding the ferry.

9. Re: Saint John to Digby Ferry Price - Am I Correct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:16