We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage rental recommendations, please!

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage rental recommendations, please!

Hi all!

My mom and I and some girlfriends are looking to plan a girls getaway weekend for Labour day weekend. We've been looking online and have found a few cottages that fit our criteria, but I thought I'd give the TA forums a go too and see what y'all can suggest!

We're looking for a cottage with the following:

* can be rented for a long weekend (Fri-Mon) - no week long rentals only, please!

* sleeps 8-10 people (preferably not on a pull out sofa, all beds)

* all the standard amenities (BBQ / TV / linens / cutlery and dishes / etc)

* on a lake/river

* outdoor hot tub

* within mainland Nova Scotia (ideally within a 2-3 hr drive from Halifax - we're not too keen on going up to CB for the weekend)

* a nice deck with a good view is a definite plus!

So, that's what we're looking for - anyone got good recommendations I can look at? :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

~ martinigoddess

New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage rental recommendations, please!

Here's another website to check

www.cottagesincanada.com

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,963 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage rental recommendations, please!

Here are the Nova Scotia government listings: novascotia.com/en/…default.aspx

You can also browse the Trip Advisor reviews; tripadvisor.ca/VacationRentals-g154967-Revie…

Your lake or river requirement is very limiting. There are many places on the ocean or Northumberland Strait.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 21:40
Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage rental recommendations, please!

Would this one work ?

…kijiji.ca/c-Canada-Nova-Scotia-Halifax-Hot-…

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage rental recommendations, please!

Thanks for the links y'all! I have been through the NS tourism site numerous times - I'm looking for places people here have been to and liked! :) I'm also perusing the reviews, but sometimes it's just easier to put out a request on the forums too - to narrow down all the options!

I wouldn't think a lake/river requirement would be limiting - this is Nova Scotia, after all. We're full of lakes, rivers and surrounded almost completely by ocean! ;) I just love being by water!

Suiteasitgets - that place looks fab! Though it appears they're booked up for August - and we're looking to go for the holiday. I'll still send them an email to enquire - thanks!! :)

~ martinigoddess

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,963 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottage rental recommendations, please!

Of course there are lots of places on the ocean. There are also lots of places advertised on kijiji and other sites, but they are not regulated so you really want to be careful.

6. Re: Cottage rental recommendations, please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:16