We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

Orlando
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

Hi! We are spending a day at the end of July driving from Lunenburg to Annapolis Royal. Most of our day will be in Keji Park, maybe canoeing. Is there a place to stop for lunch while there or do we need to bring a picnic lunch with us? Any other sights we should visit on our drive? I was thinking of Ovens in the morning. What about rainy day activities? We have never been to this part of Nova Scotia and are coming up from Florida. Thank you.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,767 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

I am not familiar with this area so I hope someone else can help you. This is what I found by looking on google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/fz84E

Orlando
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

Thanks for trying! Maybe a picnic!

Bridgewater, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

Hi there,

You could swing by for a walk at the Ovens when you leave Lunenburg. You could also take the ferry to West Lahave to Lahave Bakery for picnic goodies as you head upriver. There are several new restaurants near Kejimkujik - The Hollow Log in Caledonia and the Wilder Restaurant and General Store just beyond the park entrance. You can check them both out on Facebook. Enjoy your paddling, eating and your visit to our area!

Orlando
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

Sounds great! Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

camped at the ovens a few years ago and went on their sea caves boat trip. it was cool.

Orlando
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

Thanks. So much to do. I guess this trip will have to be like a sampler plate and then we'll have to go back and stay longer in our favorite locations! We may have to choose between Ovens and Keji canoeing. Sure hope the weather is agreeable!

New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

I would stay with your original plan & enjoy the day at Keji.

Orlando
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

Thanks for your input everyone. This is my 4th trip to Canada, my second to NS. I explore new regions on each trip and have never been disappointed. this is our first trip staying at so many B&B's. It will all be part of the adventure! Thanks so much for helping me plan. Now I have to figure out what to bring in one suitcase. That's the part I hate, packing!!

9. Re: Lunch in or near Kejimkujik National Park, Jakes Landing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18