We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Split

St. Catharines
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Split

Anyone care to comment on hiking here?

New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Split

Hi aprilbaby,

This hike takes you through wooded area until you reach the end where there is a large grassy area that overlooks the tides flowing between the Bay of Fundy & Minas Basin. It takes about 2 hrs each way & has only a couple of small inclines so is not too difficult. The view once you get to the end is worth the hike. I usually allow aprox 5 hrs thus giving you time for a picnic & taking pictures.

The trail starts at Scots Bay on the Bay of Fundy shore. It would be aprox a 30-40 min drive from the town of Wolfville. I would suggest stopping at the local tourist bureau in the town of Wolfville to get directions. The dykes in the Wolfville area are also popular for doing short hikes.

I'm sure that you would enjoy this trail, it is very popular.

Fundygirl

St. Catharines
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Split

Thanks Fundygirl!

Nova Scotia Canada
Level Contributor
669 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Split

I hike the Cape Split every year most often in May to photograph the wild flowers, including red trilliums and Dutchman's Breeches and the beginning of the trail from the parking area is always muddy and the rocks are slippery. We have had a fair bit of rain lately so I suspect that the mud is there-just mentioning it as it can continue further on along the trail. Best to wear suitable footwear-I wear waterproof hiking books or even take a second pair of runners. It is a beautiful hike-worth the trip as much of the trail is hardwood-quite lovely in October when the leaves change color. Hope you have a great trip. Take water and some food-it is a long trip.

St. Catharines
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Split

Thank you BeachGrass

5. Re: Cape Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Wolfville