We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

S.Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

My son and I are planning a trip to visit Acadia University for their Open House Oct. 18, 2013. Does anyone have suggestions where to stay? I know it's short notice and some of the options might not be available. I don't need anything fancy but would like to avoid any bug/drug infestations. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,763 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

Bug/drug infestations in Wolfville. That's too funny. I'm pretty sure that no one on this forum would recommend a place that was anywhere close to being bug/drug infested to any visitor. There are 12 listings in the hotel tab up in the green menu bar, 10 are B&Bs and 2 are hotels. Here is the link:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g154969-Wolfville_Sou…

Have a look, narrow down to a couple that appeal to you and suit your budget and number of nights and perhaps post for feedback.

New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

There are mainly B&B's & Inns in downtown Wolfville, all with easy walk of the University.

. Blue Shutters is one that I'd recommend, but they are all very nice.

www.wolfville.ca

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

www.allensmotel.ns.ca/allensmotel2.html in Kentville, which is the next town over heading west, if you don't like anything you see listed under Wolfville. Wolfville is a lovely old town, full of charm and great B&Bs. The Old Orchard Inn is located adjacent to the Transcanada Highway outside of the town limits of Wolfville. It would offer easy access to the town and also back to the airport in Halifax, if that is how you are arriving. Your choice, depending on budget/likes. I would venture to say that none of the places listed by any of us have bedbugs or drugs!

New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

Here is another option. www.evangeline.ns.ca

Grand Pre is a UNESCO site and is a 5 min drive east of Wolfville right off the highway.

You can also look under accommodations on www.novascotia.com

Wolfville would be under the Annapolis Valley & Bay of Fundy section.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 12:11
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

Wolfville has many great options. I grew up in a nearby town and visit Wolfville at least once a year. I personally have stayed at The Old Orchard Inn (some rooms are dated others are renovated) and found it to be good (I was in a renovated room). I have also stayed at The Gingerbread Inn and found it to be good. I have not stayed at but have had meals at The Tattingstone Inn and The Blomidon Inn and both would be good choices if you like older heritage style b&bs.

Wolfville is a beautiful town with lots of charm. And October is a perfect time to see the fall harvest and farm markets in the area. Acadia University has a very pretty campus and I have many friends that are Acadia graduates. I'm sure you will have a lovely time that is free from bug and drug infestations.

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

Please check www.nsbedandbreakfast.com for licensed/inspected B&Bs in the Wolfville area.

7. Re: Need help fast!!! Places to stay during visit to Acadia U?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2017, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Wolfville