We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Leg of Trip

Shasta, California
Level Contributor
251 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Last Leg of Trip

Next we're off to Annapolis Royal, but Grand Pre Historic Site first. Anything of particular interest between Canning & Annapolis Royal? Should we cut over to Port Lorne & then take the shore road into Annapolis Royal? Once we get there I want to see the Gardens & just wander around the town. Next day Tidal Power Plant (husband’s a hydro plant operator so this’ll be a busman’s holiday!)& then I hope off toward Long Island & the balancing rock. Ferry from East Ferry to Tiverton? Did somebody mention Lavena’s Catch in Freeport?

Saturday we pack up & head to Yarmouth for the ferry at 4, but I think we can go to the Farmer’s Market in Annapolis Royal & then a stop at Mavillette Beach. I don’t think we’ll have time for Grosse Coques & Chez Christophe – too bad!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Leg of Trip

Are you going to do the graveyard tour in Annapolis Royal? It starts at 9:15 or 9:30 behind Fort Anne but it isn't every night (I believe it is Mon thru Thurs.). I'd highly recommend it if you can fit it in. It is not cheezy.

Shasta, California
Level Contributor
251 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Leg of Trip

Thanks kayofcny - I did look into it and we'll be there on a Thursday, which is one of the days they do the tour. It's one of those things that we will do, depending on how tired we are at 9PM!

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Leg of Trip

I highly recommend the tour Deb.

It's excellent. Annapolis Royal has alot of history and I haven't heard of one person who didn't enjoy it.

blondie **

Florida
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Leg of Trip

Hello Debb,

If you are going to wander around the town of Annapolis Royal, look for a brochure called "Annapolis Royal Walking Tour, Stroll Trhough the Centuries". It lists and describes 25 sites, so this should make your walk alot more interesting.

One of the sites on the list is the Bailey House, where we stayed during our 3-day visit. We loved the fact that we were sleeping in a bedroom that was 238 years old!

~ Froggycamp

P.S. I may have been the person who mentioned Lavena's Catch Cafe in Freeport....a grey building right by the ferry. We enjoyed a really nice seafood meal (chowder, scallops, fish)after our whale watching trip.

Shasta, California
Level Contributor
251 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Leg of Trip

Hi froggycamp - loved your trip report, by the way. We're going to many of the same places!

Don't know if you read all the other posts, but we were having a wee bit of trouble with the CAT Ferry & I've had to rework the last leg plans. It looks like we'll spend another night in Annapolis Royal: yes, we're already booked at the Bailey House, so hopefully we can add one more night there. It'll make us less rushed, for sure!

6. Re: Last Leg of Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Annapolis Royal
More Annapolis Royal Topics