We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golfing weather in October?

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
365 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
golfing weather in October?

We are arriving in Halifax on Oct 7 (early) and driving to Beddeck and have tickets for music associated with the festival on that nite...we have also got tickets that's in Ingonish on the 11th...We are thinking about getting a golf package for Bell Bay and Highlands...I know it's impossible to predict, but typically is it pretty good golf weather at that time? The packages are pricy and we don't want to have to play in the rain /cold just because we've paid for the package....We do hear that it can be wondeful and the colours spectacular...Thanks...

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golfing weather in October?

The temp. for that time of year are usually around 10-15 degrees. I would much rather play golf that time of year because all the heat and humidity are long gone. Enjoy the Celtic Colours Festival and the fall colours.

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
764 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golfing weather in October?

We were up at the Keltic Lodge for Thanksgiving weekend about a year or so ago. My husband golfed, and froze his bu** off in the cold, rain and wind. I, on the other hand, was quite comfortable inside at the spa.

October is funny. Some days are absolutely glorious....sunny and crisp. And then other days are very nasty. Typically the winds shift here about that time of the year and start blowing out of the north as opposed to the typical southerlies we get in the summer.

Cape Breton
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: golfing weather in October?

Yes, I agree with October being kind of unpredictable. We have a cottage in Port Hood and we like to spend the odd weekend there in the Fall. We've had beautiful weekends just like late summer and we've also had weekends with the wood stove going the whole time. Beautiful spot though, regardless.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
365 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golfing weather in October?

Thanks for your posts...I think we've decided to bring the clubs but not book a package ...just in case....(although...I think the weather will be glorious!! ..think positive!!)...One thing is certain, the music, scenery, food and drink will be great!

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
764 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: golfing weather in October?

Luluemon, I think that's the best idea. But if the weather is good, do get out and play Bell Bay and the course at the Keltic. Very highly recommended! (By my husband). If the weather is bad, go to the spa!!! In any case, enjoy!!!! You won't be disappointed.

6. Re: golfing weather in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island