We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a comment about CBI weather

Alabama
Level Contributor
264 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Just a comment about CBI weather

Coming to CBI in August & have been reading the posts re:weather & water temperatures on CBI during July, August, etc. I have to laugh at one post stating the water at the beginning of July will probably still be cold as it's the beginning of your summer. It is hot as heck here in Alabama & once we discovered Canada being much cooler during the summer months we have been scheduling our vacations in August to your beautiful area. That's not to say you don't have warm weather at some point but it beats the "South" anytime during our summers. I will add that our youngest daughter dated a Canadian for 3 years, he was from Winnipeg, & after spending one summer with us he assured us even though our summers were hotter than he expected that he could acclimate to our summers much better than us to the cold to Winnipeg. I will keep lurking on this forum & smiling everytime I read about your summer weather but I don't think we could prepare ourselves for your winters. By the way we can hardly wait to visit beautiful CBI.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a comment about CBI weather

We try to tell our Tourism people in government to market our weather but they never do . Government always thinks they know better. Many people are so disappointed to find all these beaches with sand and swimming and they have no time in their plan because they were told you only need a day or two for Cape Breton. We have the warmest water north of the Carolina's. Our summers may be short,but we have lots of great weather right into late October. So need any help???

2. Re: Just a comment about CBI weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island