We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bannockburn tours

NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Bannockburn tours

Hi! My hubby and i have wanted to drive around the Cabot trail. But we read about Bannockburn tours and decided it might be worth it just to take in the view and let somebody do the driving. Has any body heard about the tour company? Thanks a lot.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bannockburn tours

To simply drive the Cabot Trail is the beginning of the experience, but the real experience is found in the places you stop, things you'll , places you'll stay and dine.

If you've driven to Cape Breton from NY or just from the Halifax airport, I certainly wouldn't suggest you take a tour, if you can drive around the Trail yourself.

It's not a long drive and it's not what I'd call a hard drive. There are many places to pull off the road, you don't meet very many trucks on the main Trail, and not even many big buses.

Occasionally, in prime July , you do get "bunches" of cars , like a line of 4-8 , and if that bothers you, you just pull over.

I think these folks use vans and not buses or little buses, and not sure what their stopping places are for views and dining.

NY
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bannockburn tours

Hi Caperbeach! Thanks for the input. I already booked with Bannockburn tours days ago so i am hoping it will be a nice experience. I really appreaciate your response. Take good care.

3. Re: Bannockburn tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 05:17