We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A midway point to stay between the Island and the Airport?

alberta
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
A midway point to stay between the Island and the Airport?

Hi there, I'm looking for suggestions for where to stay on our way back to the airport after spending several days in CBI. We'll be leaving from Louisbourg on a Thursday, we have a place booked near the airport on Friday, but we need a place to stay on Thursday night. I don't want to fritter away an opportunity to see yet another jewel in your province! Any thoughts would be really appreciated. Thanks,

Sarah

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A midway point to stay between the Island and the Airport?

Hello starrfishgirl, my name is Donald and I am from Nova Scotia tourism.

The half way point between Louisbourg and Halifax would be around the Antigonish area. Another option you may consider would be to drive a bit further and head to Pictou.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Donald

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A midway point to stay between the Island and the Airport?

I would vote for Antigonish.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A midway point to stay between the Island and the Airport?

Take a look at Pictou. Few reasons. It is on the water and a cute little town to walk around. Also, if you drive for an hour along the coast , you'll see some nice country. There is a nice older Inn there , the Braeside that is quite nice. There is a pub on the water but also a great restaurant , run by a German family, think it is called the ???? (something like Plovers) Landing just on the edge of the town.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A midway point to stay between the Island and the Airport?

Wonder what the starfish girl decided to do???

5. Re: A midway point to stay between the Island and the Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island