We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Trails in Cape Breton

Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking Trails in Cape Breton

My wife and I will be spending a few days traveling the Cabot Trail in late September and are hoping to do some hiking. We already plan on hiking the Skyline Trail, but I'm wondering if there are other day hikes folks would recommend. We are spending one night in Pleasant Bay and the next night at the Normaway in Maragee Valley, if that enters into the consideration. Thanks for the help!!

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking Trails in Cape Breton

There are several hikes in the Highlands Park, so you want to get their park map first. the "ICON" one is called the Skyline and take over 2 1/2 hours , depending on what the moose decide as they can slow you down . Then a neat one called "MacIntosh brook" is all of 45 minutes but nice.

Around the Margaree Valley there are not too many "official" trails but there are several side roads to walk. You can also be adventurous and take the Fielding Road up into the Highlands to what is called Cape Clear ; careful as this has a straight drop of some say 1100 feet . Make sure you have a good map for this one . Last part of road can be rough, so try to walk in the last 1/2 mile .

Edited: 05 September 2010, 11:02
2. Re: Hiking Trails in Cape Breton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island