We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do??

Hawaii
Level Contributor
27 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
What to do??

Should we drive Cheticamp, Pleasant Bay, Ingonish,Louisbourg,depart Halifax OR

Cheticamp, Baddeck, Louisbourg, depart Halifax?

I didn't have Baddeck on my Itinerary but now, I'm wondeing if we will regret not making this stop. We will be traveling last week in October.

Thanks in advance.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do??

The Cabot Trail is a loop, full circle . Either way , you will go through Baddeck. This time of year ,the key is to decide where you want to be at sunset ,facing west or east . Hope you have at least 3 night son the Island ??

Check to see if Louisburg is still open as if it's closed, you just get to see the fort from a distance. Try to find their toll free telephone .

Toronto
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do??

Driving the Cabot Trail clockwise gives you a great view when travelling down the east side. Even the driver is able to enjoy the fantastic scenery while carefully traversing these roadways.

3. Re: What to do??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island
Recent Conversations