We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watches in October ??

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watches in October ??

I am heading to Port hood in October for the Celtic Colours , am I to late for a whale watch??

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watches in October ??

It is not the best time, but the other year we were in Cape Breton for the last weekend of Celtic Colours. We walked the Skyline Trail and people were watching pilot whales far below us. Pilot whales are fun to see on a whale watch because they will follow the boat and play with you, but they are very small.

Here is a partial listing of whale watching tours. Some finish on Oct. 15 and others on the 31st.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watches in October ??

You should be able to get a good whale watch out of Pleasant Bay ; don't know if any leave Port Hood ,as the whales seem to be more visible from Cheticamp to Cape North .

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale watches in October ??

Thank You both for your help !! I think we will try Pleasant Bay if we can !! I am happy to hear we are not to late to do this!!!! Thanks again !!

4. Re: Whale watches in October ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:46