We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a good place to run on Cape Breton Island?

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a good place to run on Cape Breton Island?

My husband and I going to be on CBI for three days and two nights. The first night, we are staying at the Glendora Distillery in Glenville. The second night, we're staying at the Keltic Lodge at Ingonish Beach. I need to get in a 20 mile run while I'm there. Suggestions on where to do this? I can't seem to find much about running on CBI. Any advice is much appreciated!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a good place to run on Cape Breton Island?

All I can think of is running on the Cabot Trail itself. There are many bicycles on the Cabot so I cannot see why a jogger couldn't run along as well. Unless you are willing to jog on one of the many hiking trails but I don't know if I'd advise that because some of the terrain isn't suitable for a run.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a good place to run on Cape Breton Island?

Thank you! I couldn't really tell from the maps and websites if it would be suitable for a run or not. I'll give it a try and post back on here so other runners will know. Thanks again for your help!

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a good place to run on Cape Breton Island?

I agree. The same goes for the Ceilidh Trail when you are in Glennville. You can run on any of the roads. You could also ask at the places you are staying.

You may be interested in reading about the Cape Breton relay: http://cabottrailrelay.com/

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a good place to run on Cape Breton Island?

Try to find the site for the Cabot Trail relay .

Teams run around the whole Cabot Trail every year.

Rods within the park have wider shoulders. there are many paved "side roads" in the Margaree valley, around Lake Ainslie , to White Point, to Englishtown ferry as well .

5. Re: Is there a good place to run on Cape Breton Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island
Recent Conversations