We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

Toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

Hi,

I am planning on driving from Toronto, on 7th of October arriving at Quebec city by night fall, leaving next morning and arriving at Cape Breton around evening of October 8th 2013. what kind of colors could I expect around the trail this year between 8th & 11th of Oct, I must leave early on Oct 12th to arrive back in Toronto in evening of 13th.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

Every year is different but you should see some for sure. A little later may have been a little better. Enjoy the fall colours. Are you taking in any of the Celtic Colours International Festival.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

The first few trees have started to colour along the Margaree River , about 7 miles inland , they are always early .There is no sign of colour on trees yet along the ocean coast .

You should be fine as we tell people the peak is October 5 for most years , but there is like a 2 week spread between the peak inland and right on the coast .

Sheffield Yorkshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

That's really helpful. I hope to be in the area then.

Toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

my intent is to enjoy as much nature as possible, i may visit Celtic Colours International Festival just because i am there but I really want to hike the trails & enjoy the colors, any recommended drives or hikes other than cabot trail? as cabot trail is 300 KM and i think at best it would be a day trip?

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

Bilaliz: The Skyline Trail alone is 2.5 to 3 hours , so that alone adds 1/2 day to a trip around the Trail.

If you want the CC music events then best start now picking some venues as you'll need to revolve around those. Some are likely sold out by now . Also check the website CB Choices .

Also , dining places have to matched to where you are staying to minimize travel . Talk to your hosts before you book to make sure there is dining handy and open as some places do close the end of September or reduce hours ( once the university kids leave there are just not enough workers ) . This West coast and within an hour of Baddeck would be where I'd base myself for 3-4- days at least .

canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

Hi. Can you please advise the status of the leaves today.....we are hoping for a trip around the trail soon. Thanks.

canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

Hi. Can you please advise the status of the leaves today.....we are hoping for a trip around the trail soon. Thanks.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

As of October 2, Inland along the river from Baddeck to Margaree Harbour the colours are at maybe 25-30%, the odd tree is full BUT along the coast to the Park , not much colour yet .

Toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

could any one please suggest staying places around the cabot trail. i am planning on staying 4 nights. 9th to 12th, I dont need something too posh.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabot Trail - Fall Colors 2013

I am a bit bias because I live on the West Coast of CB, so here we have the ocean to look at , and get the longer evenings and the nice sunsets right on the horizon.

You are here Thanksgiving weekend so will be a bit busy . Locations depends on what you are trying TO DO while here.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Breton Island