We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help firming itinerary.

Powhatan, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need help firming itinerary.

Have planned a 12 night trip through Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island. We have 5 nights on CBI. Start in Mabou one night at the Glendyer Inn. One night in Cheticamp at the Acadian Motel. One night in Cape North at the Oakwood B&B. Two nights at St Ann's Motel near Baddeck. My question is.....should we skip Cape North and stay an extra night on the West side??

Thanks for any suggestions. We travel in August.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,358 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help firming itinerary.

That depends entirely upon what you want to do. You have a wonderful leisurely pace and will be able to do hikes, take in music and go whale watching, etc. There is a lot to see and do on the west coast. My favorite part of the trail is from Margaree Harbour to past Cheticamp. For sure you will want to hike the Skyline Trail, go whale watching, take in some Acadian (Maritime French related to Cajun) culture. Somewhere near Cheticamp is good for that.

huffingtonpost.ca/adrian-brijbassi/…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154967-i326-k65572…

http://www.musiccapebreton.com/

…canada.com/edmontonjournal/…

Powhatan, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help firming itinerary.

Thanks Mary Ann. We have decided to stay a third night on the west coast. Your postings are wonderful!

3. Re: Need help firming itinerary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:17