We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help: Planning Long weekend in NS

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Please help: Planning Long weekend in NS

Hi All,

Finally, I can visit NS!

I need your help!

We're arriving to Halifax on Aug.1 around 6pm and leaving Monday 6pm home. I'd like to see the best places, especially to explore the nature and great views of NS. I guess the best thing is to rent a car. I'll appreciate all your suggestions!

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help: Planning Long weekend in NS

Natal Day long weekend!!!

http://www.natalday.org/

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help: Planning Long weekend in NS

Hi Julia :

Glad you can make it and yes, pefect timing for Natal Day celebrations as cgreno posted.

Rent a car for sure and see the Lighthouse Route, Peggys Cove, St Margarets Bay, Aspatogan and all the sweet little south shore towns and perhaps skip on over to the neighbouring side and see the world famous high tides of the Bay of Fundy, a very drastic difference from one coast to the other.

For starters look at "

www.peggyscoveregion.com

www.tenbeaches.com

www.destinationsouthwestnova.com

www.chesterns.com

www.mahonebay.com

www.lunenburgns.com

www.queens.ca

www.discovershelburnecounty.com

www.fundyfun.com

You can certainly fill in that short time with some excellent places to visit, let us know what you think and we'll try to help you further,

regards,

blondie **

Florida
Level Contributor
118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help: Planning Long weekend in NS

Greetings!

Coincidently, we will be in Halifax on Saturday Aug 2nd ~ the very last day of our vacation, as we have an early flight out on Sunday.

What luck that we will be there during this event!! (I just read about it in this post.)

Now, a few questions: We are staying in Fall River, and we were planning to drive in early for the Halifax market, then visit the Historic Properties, have lunch, go to the Art Gallery, then have dinner on the waterfront.

Assume this is all still possible, although I don't know how some of the celebrations will factor in to traffic, etc.

We would love to see the fireworks by the Bridge. Is this the same bridge we would be using to get back over to Fall River? Will the bridge actually be open for traffic? Should we head on over to the other side prior to the fireworks so that we will be closer to our Inn?

Thanks for your expert advice!!

~ Froggycamp

Florida
Level Contributor
118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help: Planning Long weekend in NS

I just re-sent my email with a more appropriate Subject Line (Natal Day Celebration)so that posters will know the topic.

~ Froggycamp

5. Re: Please help: Planning Long weekend in NS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Halifax