We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are hotel reservations needed in july

rickroc1
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
are hotel reservations needed in july

Greetings all , I'll be arriving into Halifax on or around July 30th and flying out early August 5th .I have no plans yet and sometimes just like to drive around and stop as the spirit moves me .Maybe circle N.S. ? Will I be able to find places to stay without reservation? Thanks for your input .

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are hotel reservations needed in july

It's a long weekend here, so you might have problems. I think you'll be able to find a place to stay, but you'll end up paying a fortune for it.

Halifax
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: are hotel reservations needed in july

Hi, Glenn from Nova Scotia tourism here.

The entire month of July has and will continue to be busy in Halifax. Due to certain festivals and events, some days are very tight for accomodations. As mentioned the dates you have asked about are a long holiday weekend. Also, there are a lot of events going on in Halifax as well as around Nova Scotia in general.

To have some idea what may be going on, you can check;

novascotia.com

take a look at the festival and event listings. You can also check for accomodation options.

Hope this helps.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are hotel reservations needed in july

Other than right in Halifax you should be OK so long as you don't wait until too late in the day. Watch for Visitor nformation centers and about noon start to decide on a destination.

On Cape Breton, and aimed for the Cabot Trail, look at your map when you arrive on the Island and pick a couple of villages and you can check at VIC at the Island entrance and they can tell you about availability but you can still take that info and then could call the place to book direct, might get a better deal.

See www.Cabottrail or MargareeNS.com website

4. Re: are hotel reservations needed in july

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Halifax
Recent Conversations