We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for self catering, vacation home like place

Wichita, Kansas
4 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for self catering, vacation home like place

Greetings everyone!

My fiance and I are flying into Halifax Dec 20-Jan 2 and are looking for a nice quiet romantic place to stay. We have been looking for a vacation home, or some kind of self catering residence either in Dartmouth on the water looking across to the Halifax skyline, or on the Halifax side of the harbor on lower|upper water street or barrington street, somewhere there near Scotia square (were looking forward to the Fireworks on NYE :). We want to be right on the water and right near all the great seafood restaurants and nightlife. Granted I believe at that time the city will be very cold with plenty of snow so we may spend a considerable amount of time inside as well so we would really like something with a fireplace as well.

Any good recommendations?

Thank you all!

Chris

Halifax, NS Canada
Level Contributor
398 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for self catering, vacation home like place

Have a look at the Premiere Executive Suites website. Here's the link for their Bishop's Landing holdings: www.premieresuites.com/propdetails.aspx?id=22 . I'm sure there are others that are also fine. I've never stayed in them myself, but there were a couple of suites in the building I used to live in.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for self catering, vacation home like place

The NYeve event is always at Grand Parade at City Hall on Barrington and the fireworks are there.

If you check now, you should try places like the Lord Nelson,

the Cambridge Suites, the Delta on Barrington ( the latter 2 have waterfront views) as does the Holiday Inn in Dartmouth .

Also call 1 800 565 0000 as they know everything available .

You could have a cold clear snowless night or a blizzard , as all have happened in the last 5 years ..

Wichita, Kansas
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for self catering, vacation home like place

Thank you both for your replies!

I am checking out all of the places recommended.

We are really looking forward to visiting!

Have a great weekend and thank you for any and all replies!

Chris

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for self catering, vacation home like place

You might check out Super 8 in Dartmouth. the right room will give you super views of the Halifax skyline and the ferry and buses to Halifax are free new years eve.

5. Re: Recommendations for self catering, vacation home like place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Halifax
Recent Conversations