We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch American College Football in Halifax?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Watch American College Football in Halifax?

I'm wondering if there are any bars/venues in Halifax where one can watch an American college football game? Thanks in advance.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watch American College Football in Halifax?

I would suggest maybe Boston Pizza (they'll usually turn the tv channels to what you want if you ask) and there is one downtown in Halifax.

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
802 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watch American College Football in Halifax?

Just hope there's not any type of hockey game going on......you'll be out of luck. I was there once on New Year's Day (one of the biggest days in college football) and the sports bar I was in refused to change to channel from hockey (with only 1 other patron in the bar at the time who wasn't watching the game).

Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watch American College Football in Halifax?

Most smaller sports bars, that are not chains will NOT advertize games on their TV's and will happily accomodate you if you ask them to change to a particular sports channel. We have done so many times in our neighbourhood.

However, the ones that advertize the games, which Boston pizza does for certain events, they have to keep to that channel.

The NHL is big here in Canada, and there are games scheduled on Jan 1st. But many look to football as well, and most sports bars have multiple TV's with different sporting events on the same day, will show various games on their tv's

It is only when their are big play-off games on etc, that there will only be one game shown.

Not sure when you are planning to be here, but I can certainly check for you, in the area you are staying.

cheers.

Halifax
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Watch American College Football in Halifax?

Hi there 1000travels, my name is Fiona and I work with NS Tourism. Some other suggestions besides Boston Pizza may be the Midtown Tavern and Grill (Grafton St) , Your Father's Mustache and Bubba Ray's (both on Spring Garden Rd), and as previously mentioned lots of the smaller bars will usually change the station for you.

Hope this info helps,

Fiona

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watch American College Football in Halifax?

In my experience, Bubba Ray's is the better bet - they have tonnes of TVs. Even during World Cup, they had some TVs showing MLB games.

Only things you could be up against for sound around now are PGA or Rogers Cup Tennis, I would say.

http://bubbarays.com/

They have tonnes of wing flavours also.

6. Re: Watch American College Football in Halifax?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Halifax