We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to Canada

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
first time to Canada

I always do my own research before asking for help.

This time I need help from the start.

We would like to spend 14 nights in Canada.

Thinking of Halifax Cabot trail Prince Edward Island Bay Of Fundy

What would you advise?

We prefer leisure travel.

Flying in from NYC

Thank You

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to Canada

Can I assume that your trip will be in 2012? If so, you should order a Doers' & Dreamers' Guide to Nova Scotia at 1-800-565-0000 & then decide which areas of our province appeal the most to you. In 14 days, you could see all of the locations you have mentioned plus a couple of days in Prince Edward Island.

If you are travelling to NS before the end of 2011, please be aware that by this time of the year many of our provincial attractions/activities are closed for the season.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,091 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to Canada

I think 14 days would be good. I've done the same itinerary you have outlined in 12 days and wish we had taken 14 days.

If you are planning for the summer season of 2012, you could consider staying a couple of nights in Baddeck from where you could get out around the Cabot Trail and get to Louisbourg. Chéticamp on the Trail is a great place for artisan rugs and crafts. Baddeck is a great place and has the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. It's actually a National Historic Site.

www.visitbaddeck.com/attractions/bell.html

I predict you will really enjoy NS. One of the most special places and people on Earth.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to Canada

What would be the best order to do the following?

Halifax Cabot trail Prince Edward Island Bay Of Fundy

How many day's in each?

Have 14 nights flying from NYC.

Thanks

Edited: 29 October 2011, 22:32
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to Canada

I would also recommend a day trip through the South Shore of Nova Scotia, in particular, Lunenburg. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site,has beautiful architecture and lovely eateries.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to Canada

It makes the most sense to start in Halifax since you're flying in. After that, I would head to Cape Breton and then PEI.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time to Canada

I would start in Halifax, go down along the south shore to Yarmouth/Digby. (whale watching) Come up through the valley, through Wolfville. Snake your way around the Bay of Fundy. Head up to PEI via the bridge, come back down via the ferry (if it's still running). Spend the last part of your trip in Cape Breton. Full circle.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time to Canada

Thank you for the advice.

Have a much better idea how to do this trip.

8. Re: first time to Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Halifax
Recent Conversations