We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

español en ca
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

I´m going on September to Halifax Canadá, and I was asking if we can know the city for our own or if it´s necessary to take a tour. I´d appreciate your help & your comments about this.

Halifax Titanic Historical Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
J Farwell Sailing Tours
Boat Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
1. Re: I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2012, 12:46
Quebec City
Level Contributor
619 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

Hello Tusita,

it is not necessary to have a guide in Halifax, but I would suggest you come prepared. Look at maps, what appears interesting to you? Which areas do you want to visit? Look at the "Things to Do" here on Trip Advisor and decide if they interest you, then look where they are on your map. I found Halifax to be a very walkable city. If you want to go to Peggy's Cove, however, do book a tour, it'll be much more interesting with a guide who can give you information on this village than just going on your own.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12,001 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

Hello Turista:

Check these recent posts:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154967-i326-k56725…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k57207…

Also go here: http://www.tomsportguides.com/portguides.html

Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

I posted this to your other forum as well

In Halifax I would suggest a private taxi tour first thing. You could go to Peggy's Cove and have a Historic Halifax Tour in the morning and then have the afternoon to wander around if you get dropped off at the Ctiadel you can then wind through the city down hill!! Visit Historic Properties, Maritime Museum, Pier 21 and Seaport Market and of course the Waterfront Boardwalk.

We used Halifax Cruise Ship Taxi Tours for a number of tours and they were great, excellent tour and service. They customize your tour to your time and interests at no extra charge unlike some of the others.

www.halifaxcruiseshiptaxxitours.com

Here's a forum with various tour recommendations

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Hope this helps and you have great visit whatever you decide

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

I recommend taking the Harbour Hopper tour. It will drive you all around downtown Halifax, give you a snapshot of the city and history, and also give you your bearings as to where everything is. Then if you see something you like and want to explore more, you can make note of it and go back.

You can go to You Tube and search for the Harbour Hopper tour and you can see video's others have posted of the tour.

and p.s. I'm not affiliated with or work for anything to do with tourism in NS, just somebody who knows the area well.

español en ca
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

Thanks!! but will be going to Halifax on September 9

georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

The link has too many x's. It should be www.halifaxcruiseshiptaxitours.com/…

8. Re: I´m going to Halifax on a Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Halifax
Recent Conversations