We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nova Scotia Newbie!

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Nova Scotia Newbie!

I'll be picking up my son from school in April. (Dal) . Wanting to stay in the Halifax area ..I'll have a rental car so it doesnt have to be directly near the university. I would prefer to stay if possible near the water..perhaps a small cabin of some sort. There doesnt seem to be anything in the downtown area, but what about the Dartmouth area or close by. I would just rather enjoy a nice quaint motel or something of the sort as apposed to the chain hotels. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nova Scotia Newbie!

Where did you end up staying in September?

Haliburton House in Downtown Halifax or B&B maybe in Dartmouth otherwise chain motels.

There is lovely B&B in Tantallon about 20-30mins from Halifax called Rum Hollow they appear to be open all season by reservation?

http://www.rumhollow.com/

or Canada Select

canadaselect.com/novascotia/bedandbreakfasts…

The following from above website are all within 30mins of Halifax or less on the Dartmouth side

1,6,8,9,10 you would need to contact if open in April would be off season

Hope you find one open that would be suitable.

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nova Scotia Newbie!

If you don't mind a little drive there are all kinds of B&B's around that are very nice. I would head towards the Chester area. The Surfside Inn is nice and practically on the water. http://www.thesurfsideinn.com/

And great reviews too tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g1025162-d656244…

New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nova Scotia Newbie!

Check under accommodations on www.novascotia.com

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nova Scotia Newbie!

i stayed at the waverly inn and liked that.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nova Scotia Newbie!

The Hubbards area on the Lighthouse Route is just 30 minutes from Halifax on a good road.

There are quiet accommodations directly on the water, I think from what you describe this area would be perfect.

www.hubbardscove.com

anything else let us know,

regards, blondie **

6. Re: Nova Scotia Newbie!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:17