We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Maritimes

Winnipeg, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Maritimes

Hi there,

I am wanting to plan a surprise trip to the Maritimes for my boyfriend who is graduating. Unfortunately we only have a week to spare. We are outdoorsy and love adventure. We want to see more of Canada and we thought this would be a great place to start! We will need to budget for the trip as we are both students. We are travelling from Winnipeg, MB. Does anyone have any itinerary's, ideas or comments that would help me plan this surprise trip???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Maritimes

So many choices, tough to know where to begin....you could go to Gros Morne in Newfoundland.....Rustico in PEI....cape Breton in Nova Scotia....lots of choices, I think more research may be needed on your part, to narrow options then ask more specific questions...

Winnipeg, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Maritimes

Yes I agree. I don't want to miss out on anything (although that is probably impossible!) I am doing research to try to narrow down my options. Thank you!

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Maritimes

You refer to visiting the Maritime provinces: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, & Prince Edward Island. Throw in Newfoundland & Labrador & "we" become the Atlantic provinces. With only a week, NF/LB is out of the question unless you choose to only visit that area. You really should concentrate your plans on visiting one of the Maritime provinces but you could "touch" all 3 Maritime provinces by using the Confederation Bridge & the PEI/NS ferry.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Maritimes

Why do you have two postings asking the same questions? It makes it hard for those of us who would like to help you keep track of what others have suggested.

5. Re: Trip to Maritimes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Halifax
Recent Conversations