We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

We will be on a cruise ship stop in July aboard the Maasdam and I am trying to decide if we should rent a car or use taxis or busses to get around.

We want to explore the downtown area and go to the Maritime museum but also want to see the titanic graves in the Fairview Cemetery. Can we just get a taxi to the Cemetery? Will we be able to get a taxi for the ride back? We would like to take our time walking around as we always appreciate cemeteries and the history they hold. It probably is not prudent to have a taxi wait on us as we may take a good while to walk around.

I appreciate any suggestions or advice on titanic historical stops in Halifax.

Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

Most of the downtown you could do on your own the Maritime Museum is less than 10 mins walk from cruise port.

Re Cemetery -yes you could just get a cab to there, if you do want him to wait then get the company phone number and order another when you are ready.. Public transportation from there back to downtown not very convenient.

Unless you plan to travel outside of Halifax renting a car would be a nuisance as like most cities parking is a problem.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

Thanks so much for the information!

Unfortunately, our cell phones will not work in Canada so maybe I can set up a time for the taxi to come back and get us. I will take your advice on the car since I do not want to hunt for parking spaces.

Do you have any idea what taxis cost for the run out to the cemetery?

Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

No more than $15, if you do not have a phone then do pick a time for him to either come back or order you another.

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

You can also walk across the road to the car dealership or the corner store and have them call a cab for you to make your way back. They most certainly wouldn't mind doing that for you. More than likely the cab driver will give you a business card to call him back. This way you aren't tied to a time for pick up.

Save Reply
5. Re: Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

Any idea of how many people will fit in the cabs? And is the $15 per person??

Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

Depends obviously on the vehicle, there are quite a lot of vans which would seat 6. Most sedans are 4-5.

At the Cruise Port where they are lined up choose a van

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,363 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

The price is per ride and the taxis are metered.

8. Re: Fairview Lawn Cemetery transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:17