We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorhome on the Cabot Trail

Simcoe, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Motorhome on the Cabot Trail

I'll be traveling the Cabot Trail 2nd wk in Aug with a 40ft Gulfstream motorhome, should I park it and rent a car or drive the home?

What are the roads like and how sharp are the turns?

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
13,039 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorhome on the Cabot Trail

It is a good road, but there are some rounded hairpin turns especially the stretch between Englishtown and Ingonish. Others have driven this with motor homes. However, with the cost of gas it would probably not be more expensive to park it and rent a car. The downside to this would be you wouldn't be staying overnight on the trail, at least the northern part of it.

There are several car rental places in Sydney but you will be competing with cruise ship passengers so you should book ahead if you are going to do this.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
Cape Breton Island, Canada
Simcoe, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorhome on the Cabot Trail

Ok thanks ill get on that as soon as I know the date I should be in that area

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorhome on the Cabot Trail

If you're an experienced driver and know your RV well I can't see why you wouldn't be able to drive the Cabot. As Maryann says, the roads are good and I too have seen other RV's doing the Cabot. I guess it's just how comfortable you feel. Yes, the road twists and turns in spots but nothing an RV couldn't handle.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 02:22
4. Re: Motorhome on the Cabot Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 06:21