We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster Rolls

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lobster Rolls

Will be in Halifax at the end of the week and looking for some dinner recommendations. Really want to try a great lobster roll. Not a huge fan of plain lobster with butter but definitely want to enjoy lobster and I love lobster rolls!

Also would be looking for other dinner options as well- mid priced (entrees around $20) with good views or cool historic atmosphere (pubs work as well!)

Thank you!

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12,458 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster Rolls

Check out this previous thread about lobster rolls.

Here are the TA restaurant listings: You can search this by price, etc. tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g154976-Halifax_H…

Level Contributor
163 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster Rolls

In downtown Halifax, the Press Gang has butter poached lobster as a dinner entrée and it is simply wonderful. Note, this is already taken out of the shell so there's no messing with cracking it open, etc. www.thepressgang.net

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,177 posts
780 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster Rolls

Be sure to avoid the McLobster!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
368 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster Rolls

Hi, wow I love North Carolina. My favorite meal is lobster. I would try " The Five Fishmen

1740 Argyle Street. They have a fancy restaurant and also a "Grill" the patio outside is very nice.

My favorite is "Saltys" lovely patio and good food. There is an upscale restaurant with amazing views or

the downstairs grill with the best patio in Halifax.

1869 Upper Water Street - Enjoy!

Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster Rolls

Here you go , this topic has a number of forums this is the longest you can search above.

Salty's and Murphy's have very mediocre reviews and very hit and miss. if you check any of the TA, Urbanspoon or Yelp reviews..

6. Re: Lobster Rolls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 07:20