We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel downtown Halifax?

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Good hotel downtown Halifax?

We have booked in to Comfort Inn however now we are thinking we would like to be a little closer to downtown since most of the things we want to see if down there. Any recommendations?

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12,010 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel downtown Halifax?

Check the TA reviews. Hotwire or Privrline may hsve some deals. Go for a four star downtown.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
52 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel downtown Halifax?

I have stayed at Westin and Marriott. Hands down I recommend the Marriott as the walls aren't thin like the Westin. I hear Courtyard Marriott is nice too. Great location for any of 3

Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel downtown Halifax?

Prince George is also popular and the Radisson which is newly opened from an extensive renovation.

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel downtown Halifax?

The difference in price between the Comfort and the other downtown hotels will be significant, but you will spend it in Taxis to go back and forth. If you have a car, stay outside downtown and you will get free parking and free breakfast at most places. Here is a link of a post I put together about extra charges in Halifax hotels.

tripadvisor.ca/…51062792

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel downtown Halifax?

I think you are smart to think about switching to downtown if you plan to spend your time downtown. Sure, it might cost you a little bit more, but you won't have to drive back and forth and try and find parking and for me, that equals a more relaxed enjoyable vacation with less wasted time for traveling. That way you can essentially walk everywhere and feel the culture of the downtown more, also if you decide to have some drinks on a patio or at a pub you won't have to worry about driving. Just my opinion.

For downtown hotels you could look at the Westin, The Prince George, Lord Nelson, Cambridge Suites, the Marriott that is right by historic properties, etc etc. All are located in good spots and will be adequate if it is in the area of Spring Garden Road, Barrington Street, the waterfront etc. Downtown Halifax is quite walkable and easy to get around (although a few hills as you head up towards the Citadel).

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hotel downtown Halifax?

"good" is in the eyes of the individual. i stayed at the waverley inn and enjoyed it. great location

7. Re: Good hotel downtown Halifax?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Halifax
Recent Conversations