We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movin' up

London ON Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Movin' up

I am thinking of moving to the Top Of The World. Some folks say I am crazy, maybe so but I cannot get Nunavut out of my head. Anyone have input to help me with a plan?

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Movin' up

Unless you have a job to go to, you are nuts! (sorry to say..). have you been to any of the communities yet? I've travelled the eastern arctic areas pretty extensively and would not suggest moving without alot of homework being done first. it's a beautiful place to visit with a ton of cultural experiences, people to meet etc. VERY expensive for basic living needs, high unemployment rate, social issues. You need to be aware of what you're heading into (both the good and bad sides).

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Movin' up

Patti Ann, I used to live there in the 90's when it was known as The North West Territories, it's very cold and the weather isn't great, unless you have a job and are ready to work right away and if you like very cold weather move there. But if I were you i'd stay in Ontario. Nunavut is a boring place with nothing really to do, of course you'll meet a lot of people and witness diffirent cultures however you will be very bored. And if you dont' have a job then you will be in trouble there aren't many jobs availiable.

Get answers to your questions about Nunavut