We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara Fall, Niagara on the Lake, and Toronto - how long to

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
42 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Niagara Fall, Niagara on the Lake, and Toronto - how long to

My husband and I are planning to spend 4 1/2 days in the Niagara Falls, Canada, area over the July 4th weekend. My thoughts are to spend 2 days around the Falls, (Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, Butterfly Conservatory, Skylon Tower) 1 day in Niagara on the Lake (walk around/shop Shaws Theater), and 1 1/2 days in Toronto. We will need time on our last day to drive back to Buffalo to catch our flight home. Does this timetable seem reasonable? How long will it take us to drive from Toronto to Buffalo?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,711 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara Fall, Niagara on the Lake, and Toronto - how long to

Seems reasonable, although you could spend much more time in Toronto.

The drive from Toronto to Buffalo airport should take about 2 hours, however, if this will be on the Sunday night, there will undoubtedly be long delays (up to 1-2 hours) at the bridge/border crossings as you and your fellow countrymen make your way back home. If it will be on the Monday, the situation should be much better, although now that summer has begun, you can never predict border crossing times. I would allow 4 hours minimum prior to flight time.

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
42 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagara Fall, Niagara on the Lake, and Toronto - how long to

fallsdude,

Thank you for the information. I obviously was not allowing enough travel time back to Buffalo!

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
302 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Niagara Fall, Niagara on the Lake, and Toronto - how long to

i would recommend doing toronto first and end up in niagara falls, so trip to the airport is less rushed. i think your timeline for falls/n-o-l is good. im sure you know you will only get a small taste of toronto. if the weather's good, take a ferry to the islands! enjoy!

4. Re: Niagara Fall, Niagara on the Lake, and Toronto - how long to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 09:22