We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoom Airlines Bankrupt

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Zoom Airlines Bankrupt

This kind of came out of nowhere, but they're done. Planes siezed, bills not paid:

www.ttglive.com/c/portal/layout…

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,724 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoom Airlines Bankrupt

Perhaps you should have read the article. No planes have been siezed, and they are continuing to operate while seeking creditor protection.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoom Airlines Bankrupt

This is true, currently they have filed for bankruptcy protection. Recalling (jets-go was it March Break 2005?), I would hope that if I have tickets already, they will be 'good', but I would certainly not be booking fresh trips. Didn't realise it was a Canadian company either. Even Air Transat seems to be struggling too, but they are a bigger company, and not Canadian.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoom Airlines Bankrupt

fallsdude

Well, I did read the article, and several others. Plane was seized at Calgary last night - stranding many. Yes, they "say" they are continuing, business as usual, however their website is toast as of right now. Maybe they will get a cash injection from some idiot somewhere - investing in an airline these days is a good bet, no?

4. Re: Zoom Airlines Bankrupt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 13:16