We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WARNING: avoid flightcenter.ca .... use another broker.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
WARNING: avoid flightcenter.ca .... use another broker.

Beware of flightcenter Ottawa; http://www.flightcentre.ca/. Friends and I recently purchased a trip to Mexico through flightcenter and 24hrs later our trip dropped by 560$ per couple. The the broker is unwilling to reimburse the difference Use one of the many other sites available that offer price protection; itravel2000.com or expedia.ca

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WARNING: avoid flightcenter.ca .... use another broker.

Hi James H,

Welcome to the ONTARIO TRAVEL FORUM

And I see that you are a Brand NEW Member of TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Sorry to hear of your troubles…

This is the RISK you take when you purchase your travel arrangements thru a Travel Agent / Discount Broker / or Third Party Booking Site (many are AS IS purchases... covered off in their "fine print")… which is why a lot a Travellers (myself included… after getting burned) now only purchase directly one-on-one directly with the company we wish to travel / do business with with (ie Air Canada – Hertz – Marriott etc)… then at least you are in a position to get your issues solved… and also to take action thru your Credit Card company if need be.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WARNING: avoid flightcenter.ca .... use another broker.

We see NO value in Flight Centre's services.

Through our current experience with Flight Centre Canada - it seems our situation is not uncommon. We recently booked with Flight Centre Canada (The Glebe/Ottawa) in October for a trip over Christmas 2011 and within 24 hours of booking the price decreased significantly.

I have heard of prices fluctuating a bit, but never to the extent of which our vacation changed in price within 24 hours of booking, maybe even less, but that is when I happened to look at the prices again......

There will be no future use of Flight Centre for me or the broader group of friends I am traveling with over the holidays.

3. Re: WARNING: avoid flightcenter.ca .... use another broker.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 06:17