We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Toronto to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
From Toronto to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City

Hi guys, I am planning a car trip with my mom and sister who live abroad to visit Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. We will have 7 days starting April 28th and must be back in Toronto on May 5th. Which itinerary would be better? I was thinking:

Saturday morning : driving from Toronto to Montreal

Monday afternoon: drive from Montreal to Quebec City

Thursday afternoon: drive from Quebec City to Ottawa

Saturday morning: drive back to Toronto

Does this sound doable? Is this the better way to visit these 3 cities? Any suggestions of places around them that we should also visit?

Thanks!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Toronto to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City

agatha m

The main item I notice would be your plan to drive Quebec City to Ottawa on Thursday afternoon. It is a 5.5 to 6 hour drive that might be a little much if you have spent the morning enjoying Quebec City. Otherwise, I think your plans are not overly ambitious.

As far as what to do, what are the interests of you, your mother and sister? All the cities you are visiting offer a great deal to see and do so it really depends upon your wishes.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Toronto to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City

Yes, all these cities are very far from each other so I'm having a hard time preparing an itinerary that will not be to tiring. We`ll probably have to drive 3 hours, stop for a while and then drive again... :-(

We are not interested in nightlife, clubs, this kind of things, we all passed that age already, LOL! Mostly we want to see historical places, nature and good restaurants to taste local cuisine (but hopefully not too $$$). Maybe the main cathedral in Montreal, the Olympic village (is it worth?), I heard something about a Bio-dome there too... not sure about what else in Montreal.

In Ottawa, we want to see the Parliament, Rideau Canal, the library and the Civilization (?) museum, the guards change, basically all the very touristic attractions. And Quebec City just seems gorgeous from the pictures, I don't even know what to see there, everything looks amazing!

3. Re: From Toronto to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:40