We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sombra, Ontario Anything to do?

South Lyon, MI
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Sombra, Ontario Anything to do?

We hoped to taking the ferry over with only our bicycles from Marine City, MI to Sombra, Ontario. Is there any pretty places to go or good places to spend some time?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sombra, Ontario Anything to do?

I haven't been in Sombra for sometime, but there was a very nice restaurant right beside the ferry dock overlooking the river. There were some touristy shops too. The only thing I can think of would be to ride along the St Clair Parkway.

South Lyon, MI
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sombra, Ontario Anything to do?

Thanks! I think the costs are so reasonable it will be fun to spend a couple of hours to check it out. We will eat lunch at the restaurant, check the shops and hope to avoid the rain on our bikes.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sombra, Ontario Anything to do?

Sombra is a very small town..as mentioned there are some shops to browse in. There is a nice museum

www.twp.stclair.on.ca/sombra_museum.htm (page down until you get to the info about the museum) It has a new exhibit showcasing the storm of 1913. On July 7th at 7 pm they will have their annual "music on the Lawn event" and a Blueberry social on August 4 1-4 pm. The museum itself would be a good place to spend at least 45 minutes to an hour.

The restaurant mentioned is probably The Aft Cabin http://www.theaftcabinrestaurant.com/

I've eaten there once (though it was quite a while ago) and it was very nice. Tripadvisor review can be found at tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g3447991-d…

Please post after your visit to the area and let us know what you found. I will hope that it doesn't rain!!

4. Re: Sombra, Ontario Anything to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:17