We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

Trabuco Canyon...
1 post
Save Topic
Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

Can anyone provide the "pdf" application form for the temporary resident permit for my use? The link on the Canadian government website generates an error message and the Consulate General of Canada will not provide any help over the phone or by email.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

Is it your computer by chance? Have a friend try it on their computer to see if it works...

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,952 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

You probably need to download an updated version of Adobe Reader, free I believe. That's the message I got when I tried to open the link.

www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Do you mean Temporary Resident VISA. Definitely not a PERMIT.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

TRV and TRP mean specific things in Canadian immigration lingo, and are definitely not the same.

A "Temporary Resident Visa" (TRV), informally known as a visitor visa, is not issued to citizens of the United States as they are visa-exempt.

A "Temporary Resident Permit" (TRP), formerly known as a Minister's Permit, applies only to people who would normally be inadmissible to Canada. E.g. one way for someone with a DUI (or other crime) on their record to enter Canada is to obtain a TRP.

I can't actually find an online form to apply for a TRP, only to extend one, so I can't comment on why it might not open. Steve, what link are you following to try to get to the form?

Tempe, Arizona
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

Hi Steve, were you ever able to find the application? I am having the same problem. Thanks!

Al Ain, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

Hello. I'm having the same problem as well despite downloading the most recent Adobe reader and trying several different computers. The error message keeps popping. I'm waiting for the embassy to reply to an email I sent for several days now but running late for my own deadlines. Does anyone have a copy of the PDF file of form 5257 temporary immigration visa available? Thanks a lot!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

Have you read the help page at www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp… ? Basically, don't open it in your browser. Download it and open it directly in Adobe Reader.

7. Re: Temporary Resident Permit Application for Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:16