We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Hello,

I'm going to toronto next year's dec, and planning to go skiing, which ski resort has better slopes blue mountain or horsehoe? and which one has better facility? that will be my first time skiing in canada, can't wait till that day comes. :)

I would appreciate your replies

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Blue.

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Blue Mountain trail map www.bluemountain.ca/winter_trailmap.htm

Horseshoe Valley

horseshoeresort.com/assets/horseshoe/Horsesh…

Edited: 17 December 2013, 23:50
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Blue Mountain is higher and has more runs.....but that being said, don't get overly excited. I'm not sure what type of skiing you've done in the past but both of these places are nothing more that small hills. They are definitely not mountains like you might see in Western Canada or even in Quebec. In a tuck position you'll be down the hill in under 30 seconds.

But unfortunately that's all we have in Ontario. They're still ok for fooling around for the day but the serious skier might find them to be a waste of time.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Hi again, I just realized you're the same person that started a thread about snow in March. In that thread you said you were not a pro skier so if that's the case Blue Mountain will be just fine. Enjoy.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Blue Mountain.....

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
298 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Blue is higher and has much better variety of runs than Horseshoe Valley. Mt. St. Louis, which is just a few km north of Horseshoe is higher than Horseshoe and with a more varied terrain. But as indicated above, these are just high hills not mountains. Nothing like skiing the Remarkables, which I've hiked but never skied!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

Thanks for all the replies, ok I got it, I've never even hiked or been to the remarkables :)

8. Re: which ski resort is better, blue mountain or horsehoe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 06:18