Next year, I am planning on traveling to the great white north! Yay!
The issue is where should I go. I am planning on traveling with family on this trip, but we are quite interested in two places, Toronto and Vancouver (going transcontinental will be expensive). That does not mean we will consider traveling to other places like Montreal, Calgary, and Quebec City. We are limited to two to three cities in Canada. I am starting from the NYC area so here are my questions
1) What are the three must see cities in all of Canada?
2) If we are limited to three cities in Ontario and Quebec, what three cities would be best to travel to?
3) Would one with absolutely no knowledge of French be able to tour around Quebec?
4) If two of these cities are located close to each other (like Toronto and Ottawa), what would be the best way to travel there while not paying a fortune? Train, Bus, Car, Plane??
5) Is there a way to squeeze in a day trip to Niagara Falls while if Toronto will be one of our locations?
6) Can one travel across the border with a rental car (just for the day trip to Niagara)?
We are planning to travel either in April or July of 2015 (most likely April for Spring Break).
Sorry that this is in the wrong forum, there is somehow no forum dealing with the country as a whole -__-Edited: 15 July 2014, 00:40