We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

Hi

Does anyone know the best value car rental in Ontario, Canada? As we are under 25 we have to pay (average) 25 CAD a day extra!

Thanks

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Tlaslo

For rental car companies, I'm not so sure there is one that's best value. I price several each time I rent.

You may wish to avoid an airport pickup, since you pay ~15% extra for that convenience. If you include your pickup and dropoff points - and duration/places you'll be driving - another poster will have some ideas.

Here's one thread with some tips:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k41467…

-Car_hire_help_needed-Toronto_Ontario.html

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

I thought most rental car companies wouldn't rent to people who were under 25.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

I tend to find the best deals at Enterprise. They often have 50% off specials on weekends (though you usually have to go to an out-of-the-way location for that). http://www.enterprise.com

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,708 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

car rental deals change by the minute. No single car rental company consistently beats others every single day. Hertz and Avis are usually the most expensive(and best), but their weekend rates are often cheaper than all others, espceially during off season(i.e. other than summer). Enterprise is indeed usually the cheapest on weekdays. Use an online travel site like travelocity.ca to compare. Renting in big cities from large agencies means unlimited mileage, which can make a big difference.

Rent-a-wreck would be cheap too... it's a real rental company.

5. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 23:17