We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseshoe resort in Barrie

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Horseshoe resort in Barrie

I would like your advice on the Horseshoe Resort in Barrie. We have tentatively booked the resort at the end of August through RCI exchanges. From the TA reviews, Barrie sounds like a great place to visit but the RCI timeshare reviews don't sound too good for the actual condition of Horseshoe Resort. Any comments would be appreciated. I have until tomorrow night to confirm the reservation.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseshoe resort in Barrie

Which RCI exchange have you booked, Carriage Hills, Carriage Ridge or the Lodges at Horseshoe...all of which are connected to the Horseshoe Valley resort?

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseshoe resort in Barrie

The Lodge at Horseshoe Resort

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseshoe resort in Barrie

Here's a couple of sites that might help. The Lodges at Horseshoe is the oldest of the 3 timeshare resorts that share the site, but they are in the midst of sprucing it up. It is located right at the resort whereas the newer Hills and Ridge are a short walk away. It's a great complex with lots to do (see the Horshoe resort site) Barrie and Orillia are 20 min away by car in opposite directions and both communities are worth a day trip. The Horseshoe complex is under new ownership with grand plans for redevelopment, which are underway. There are a couple of restaurants at the resort and a few others in the immediate area. Of course you have a fully equipped kitchen as long as you are not in a hotel room at the resort.

http://lodgesathorseshoe.blogspot.com/

http://www.horseshoeresort.com/

Edited: 13 July 2010, 16:56
Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseshoe resort in Barrie

Thank you, Ironwoodtrail for the info. I always check TA before scheduling our trips. After reading the links you gave me, we're going to take a chance and confirm the reservation at The Lodge at Horseshoe Resort. The only time we've been to Canada was years ago when we went to Niagara Falls. We are looking forward to vacationing in Barrie and the surrounding area.

Thanks again.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseshoe resort in Barrie

mygardenhome...we live nearby, and own at Carriage Hills, which we never go to as it's not really getting away. There is lots to see and do within a half hours drive from the resort. The new owners have grand plans to re-develop and expand the Horseshoe complex. If you check the Horseshoe site some of the new activities and development are already in place. I have never seen the Lodges units, although I drive by the complex every day, but I understand they have all been renovated. From the Lodges you can easily walk to everything on the resort. Have a great week.

6. Re: Horseshoe resort in Barrie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 06:16