We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Chef at Langdon Hall?

New Chef at Langdon Hall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 13:03

4 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
22,782 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Chef at Langdon Hall?

Did you look at the TA reviews? There are some from the past couple of months.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g154985-d68…

You might also check chowhound.

2. Re: New Chef at Langdon Hall?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Chef at Langdon Hall?

I have worked at Langdon Hall some times ago when chef Louise Duhamel was at the helm, even becoming chef for the transition period when she left.

I have never been back when Jonathan Gushue was there but I regularly looked at his menus and, knowing the kitchen set up I was wondering how he could pull it off unless the kitchen had been totally renovated. But he got CAA 5 diamonds! The five diamonds still stands but I don't know if they were evaluated again since chef Gushue departure.

Being a pro I can judge a lot of things by just readings menu and I can tell you that the present chef seems to have simplified things and get rid of overfinicky présentations (the ones where you think that 6 pairs of hands have been necessary to set up the plate) but still very interesting.

Recent reviews are negative mostly about service and this has always been the drawback at Langdon Hall where there is a big rotation in the waitstaff. Sometimes they had great dining room teams and at other times waitpersons that cannot get their bearing around. This is due mainly to the remotel location of this property, very good waitstaff get better jobs in other a towns and management has to rely on local workforce which are not used to this kind of standards.

4. Re: New Chef at Langdon Hall?

Reply to: New Chef at Langdon Hall?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cambridge