We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel near Hamilton Airport

Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Motel near Hamilton Airport

I'm flying out of Hamilton this week. Looking for a bugdet motel that is not too dirty. Under $75 would be great. Not fussy, just gonna sleep there. Willing to stay in Ancaster or West End of Hamilton. Any ideas?

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel near Hamilton Airport

There's a Super 8 right near the airport. Probably a little more than $75, but almost close enough to walk. A little further north on Upper James is the Airport Inn, but it doesn't have the greatest reviews.

Mount Hope, ON
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel near Hamilton Airport

It's probably over your suggested budget, but there is a newish Marriott Courtyard right across the road from the Airport Inn. I imagine it runs around $130/night. The Airport Inn is pretty much a crack hotel. They regularly rent to transient clientèle and partying teens. Staff are frequently calling the police (personal knowledge) to toss out the noisy and/or rowdy "guests."

Westmount, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motel near Hamilton Airport

Hey CanadaMoi

Hamilton Airport does not have many hotels nearby, you might need to travel a little into the city to lodge. The only hotel which can technically be classed as an 'Airport Hotel' is the Super 8 which is less than 5 minutes from the airport. It is nice, but it could be a little bit of a turn-off at first glance. Under your circumstances, you should be fine with this hotel.

As others have stated before, there is a brand new Courtyard by Marriott about 15 minutes from the Airport on Upper James St. This hotel is brand new, big, and more expensive than the Super 8. I would choose this one because I am one who chooses a new hotel to an old one, but for your situation, I would have to point once again at the Super 8.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Suluk

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motel near Hamilton Airport

I've always gone with the Super 8. No problems, and an acceptable place to eat next door.

5. Re: Motel near Hamilton Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton