We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
630 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

Hello,

I will travel from Kuwait to Ottawa and I want to know what is the best way of getting from Ottawa to Kingston??

Is it renting car or train or by bus?? Or is there taxi ( and it must be van because we are 5 and we have a lot of luggages) and how much it cost??

Thanks

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

All those options are possibilities. A taxi would likely be the most expensive. Renting a van might be the cheapest but you don't say if/when you will be returning to Ottawa. For train schedules and costs, go to www.viarail.ca. For bus schedules and costs, go to www.greyhound.ca.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
630 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

Thanks for reply

But how much the taxi would be approximately??

And is the bus comfortable?? And is the station near airport??

Thanks

Athens, Ontario
Level Contributor
555 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

With 5 people, I would just rent an SUV or Van. Even a one-way rental should be cheaper than 5 bus or train tickets.

If you do take a bus (which is probably more comfortable then the plane seat), I suggest taking a cab to the bus station. If you take a train, you could take the local OCTranspo buses to the train station farely easily.

I wouldn't take a taxi to Kingston. The drive is at least 2 hours one-way.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
737 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

Renting a car is the easiest and quickest way to travel from Ottawa to Kingston. It's about a two hour drive on excellent highways (416 and 401). Do you plan to return to Ottawa? If not you probably will be charged extra from renting a vehicle from one location and dropping it off at another. If that is the case, the maybe the bus. Greyhound bus will take you from Ottawa to Kingston for about $17 / person.

https://www.greyhound.ca/

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
630 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

Thanks a lot

I will go for renting van option and I will return it to Ottawa because I will need to travel back to Kuwait from Ottawa airport

But could you help me with good websites for renting cars in Ottawa in a good prices??

Thanks

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
737 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

I usually rent from Budget, Discount or Avis rental companies. Google Ottawa car rental and you should find links to those and many others.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
630 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

Ok

Thanks a lot

8. Re: Getting from Ottawa to Kingston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:20